The UCLA Latino Policy and Politics Initiative (LPPI) and the Voting Rights Project, the marquee advocacy project of UCLA LPPI, hosted a webinar on April 2nd to discuss the importance of vote-by-mail programs in upcoming primaries and the November general election amid the coronavirus pandemic. As the ongoing public health crisis raises concerns about voter turnout, particularly in underserved communities and for voters of color, now is the time to ensure everyone will have a fair chance to participate in the important upcoming elections.
UCLA LPPI hosted the following expert panelists:
- Alex Padilla, California Secretary of State
- Pamela Karlan, Stanford Law School
- Neal Kelley, Orange County Registrar
- Sonja Diaz, UCLA Latino Policy & Politics Initiative
- Matt Barreto, UCLA Voting Rights Project
- Chad Dunn, UCLA Voting Rights Project