On December 6, 2017, the UCLA Latino Policy and Politics Institute (LPPI) held their Launch Event featuring keynote speaker Kevin de Léon, speaker of the California Senate.
- Scott Waugh, UCLA executive vice chancellor and provost
- Kevin de Léon, speaker of the California Senate
- Matt Barreto, Professor of Political Science and Chicana/o Studies Gary Segura, UCLA Luskin Dean
- Sonja Diaz, MPP ’10 and LPPI Director
- Darnell Hunt, dean of the Division of Social Sciences at UCLA
- Lucy Flores, former assemblywoman in Nevada
- Laura E. Gómez, professor of law at UCLA